This is an interview with my beloved teacher Sadhana Pezet. Sadhana has more than 40 years of experience in the field of Yoga Chikitsa. We talk about Yoga as a therapy and why it is different from our perception of a western therapeutical approach.
This podcast episode is in english, as it is an interview with my beloved teacher Sadhana Pezet. Sadhana has more than 40 years of experience in the field of Yoga Chikitsa. We talk about Yoga as a therapy and why it is different from our perception of a western therapeutical approach.
We also talk about:
- how Yoga can alter the experience of yourself
- what Chikitsa, the sanskrit work for therapy, means in the context of Yoga
- why Yoga Chikitsa does not only look at the symptoms but the individual mind & body
- how Ayurveda and Yoga Chikitsa are interrelated
- why not all Yoga practices are suitable for everyone, and if Yoga is the path for anyone
- why Yoga is an individual path and how you can still serve people in a group setting
- how you can create energy through Yoga practice instead of wasting it
- what the Gunas Tamas, Sattva and Rajas have to do with the phases of a Yoga class
Please comment on Facebook or Instagram. I would love to know how you liked this episode and what you took from it!
Sadhana Pezet is trained as a Hatha Yoga Instructor and meditation teacher with nearly 40 years of experience. Her training including Satyanananda, Siddha Yoga, Iyengar, as well as with various yoga adepts. She has specialized in yoga for health and wellbeing with several Yoga Researchers especially from Kaivalyadham in Pune. She is a senior teacher and is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance, which acknowledges the completion of a yoga teacher training with an approved and active Registered Yoga School (RYS). Sadhana trains teachers in asana, pranyama, yoga nidra, one on one specialised applications of yoga practice yearly and globally. Sadhana and her husband Keval have a special interest in educating passionate practitioners in the deeper aspects of yoga practice and philosopy.
More about Sadhana and Shantarasa Yoga School which she founded with her husband Keval:
You can listen and subscribe to my Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Android. Follow me on Instagram @daniaschumann and Facebook @Dr.Dania Schumann or connect with me through my Webseite www.daniaschumann.com.
Namasté and with Love,